There are many different weight loss solutions available on the market. However, the HcG diet plan is one of the only solutions that is backed up by scientific evidence proven to help people lose weight. It has been popular for several decades because of how quickly it works providing you put forth the effort to follow the steps required. In order to follow the hcg diet plan, you will need hcg drops and the motivation to follow a restricted calorie diet. Here is my review on this diet plan and an outline of the steps required to follow it.
What is the HCG diet plan?
HCG stands for “Human Chorionic Gondadotropin” which is a peptide hormone that is produced in women when they are going through pregnancy. Studies have suggested that this hormone breaks down fat within the body. It especially works on those “stubborn” areas like the stomach or lower belly fat that won’t bulge no matter how much exercise or diets you go on.
During pregnancy, HCG is produced naturally within the body to break down fat which will then be used to provide nutrients for the fetus and the baby as it grows within the mother’s womb. However, scientist/doctor A.T.W Simeons researched this hcg hormone over 40 years and discovered that this hormone could also be used outside of pregnancy to help people lose weight. The hormone can be used for both men and women who are not pregnany but need to lose weight as a fat-burning weight loss aid.
How does the diet work?
There are three simple steps to this program but you must follow them strictly in order to see best results. If you follow the diet exactly as suggested, you WILL lose weight. But you must be diligent. Here are the three steps to the hcg diet plan:
1. Take your hcg drops 3 times a day – 10 drops at each period (which is 30 drops a day)
2. Follow the diet according to the 500, 800, or 1200 diet plan. We recommend the 1200 diet plan as eating under that many calories a day may be harmful to your body.
3. Commit to the diet for the entire duration of the 3 week or 6 week plan.
In following this diet and the steps below precisely, you may experience some incredible results. Some people even reported having loss over a pound of fat per day while on this diet.
What is the Three Phase HcG Protocol?
Other weight loss supplements promise extreme weight loss simply by taking the pill or supplement alone without any added effort. Unfortunately, these rarely work. The difference with other plans and the hcg diet plan is that the hcg drops work best when combined with a strict diet in which you need to eliminate foods that are high in sugar, starches and fat. If you need to lose 10-15 pounds, we recommend the 3 week program. However, if you need to lose over 15 pounds, the 6 week program is right for you.
When to take the drops:
– You must take the drops on a completely empty stomach. Wait at least 30 minutes after eating to take the diet drops. After you have taken them, do not eat anything else for at least another 30 minutes. No drinks either in this time!
– You will repeat this 3 times a day, in the morning, afternoon and evening.
How do you take the drops:
– Place 10 drops underneath your tongue. Wait 60 or more seconds and then swallow the drops
How many drops are needed for the program?
If you are doing the 3 week program, you will need 1 bottle (2 ounces) of hcg drops. If you are doing the 6 week program and need to lose over 20 pounds, you’ll need 2-3 bottles of the drops.
Phase One: Loading – Day 1 and Day 2
In the first two days, you will start to take your hcg drops, but you’ll also be “binging” and eating a lot of calories and a lot of high fat foods during the first two days (so enjoy them!) This might seem like a strange concept but it is very important to start off this way (you cannot skip this phase). You do this because your body needs enough fat stores to survive eating a restricted caloric diet ovcer the next 3 or 6 weeks. During these two days, you need to eat high fat foods (burgers, pizza, french fries, fried chicken, etc). Opt for high fat foods, NOT foods that are high in sugar like cakes or ice creams. Again, only high fat foods as the purpose is to load your body with fat to survive through the harder parts of the program.
Phase Two: Low-Calorie Diet
– Days 3-21 for the 3 week hcg diet plan
– Days 3-42 for the 6 week plan
During this phase you will take your hcg drops as you did in the first two days. Remember to take them following the guidelines I wrote about above. There are various diet plans you can stick with for this diet, the 500 calorie option was the original plan but that can be harmful to the body for a long period of time. Therefore, sticking to the 800 calorie/day or 1200 calorie day plan is ideal. Do not go 100 calories below or under the plan, be consistent with the same amount of calories each day.
Phase 2 Guidelines:
– During the phase 2 protocol, drink plenty of water (at least 2 litres each day)
– Eat at least one snack each day
– Use fresh herbs and seasonings without salt (don’t eat sugar, oil, salt or salad dressings)
– Drink as much water or black tea/coffee as you like
What Can I Eat During Phase Two?
– Eat foods from the approved foods list below for the hcg diet plan
– Eat 2 sources of protein per day
– Eat 2 different fruits each day
– Eat 2 different vegetables a day
(But eat the fruits/vegetables/protein at different intervals. Don’t eat just two fruits for breakfast – spread them out throughout the day)
– You can add protein/fruits/vegetables depending if you’re on the 800 calorie or 1200 calorie plan.
With the 800 daily calorie plan – you’ll eat 3 small meals each day in addition to one snack.
The 1200 calorie diet plan requires 5 small meals a day with an additional 2 snacks.
Phase 3 Protocol – Stabilizing
– Days 22-43 (3 week plan)
– Days 43-64 (6 week plan)
Once you begin Phase 3, you will stop taking your hcg drops but you will continue to eat just like you did in Phase 2 which gives time to let the remaining hcg in your body process and help you burn fat. During this phase you will slowly increase your calorie intake each week and by day 35 you should be eating around 1200-1400 calories a day. Continue to avoid sugar and starches but you are allowed some dairy in small amounts.